Dental Crowns in Pacific Beach
A dental crown is a specially designed “cap” that mimics the exact size and structure of your tooth. It’s used to repair and cover a damaged tooth and restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance.
There are many reasons to consider a dental crown:
– Protects the tooth from further damage
– May prevent the need for a root canal or extraction
– Made of strong, durable material that can last several years
– Designed to match the shade of surrounding teeth for a natural appearance
Are Dental Crowns Right For You?
Dr. Altrock and Dr. Fabb may recommend a dental crown if you are experiencing any of the following issues:
– Cracked or chipped teeth
– Deep discoloration that doesn’t respond to whitening
– Misshapen teeth
– Severely decaying or damaged teeth
– Uneven bite as a result of teeth grinding
As long as the structure of your original tool can still support a restoration, a dental crown can repair tooth damage and improve your smile.