A healthy smile elevates your confidence and helps you enjoy meals with friends and family. But if you’re dealing with a broken or cracked tooth, you may find yourself needing a same-day crown to get back on track. We know that your time’s valuable in today’s busy world, and you can spend hours in a dental office improving your oral health. But dental technology continues to offer new ways to improve the healthcare experience. At Altrock Fabb Dental, we reduce your treatment time and deliver natural results to boost your smile with same-day crown technology.
What Is A Same-Day Dental Crown?
Sometimes teeth break and leave a sizeable missing portion with sharp edges and sensitivity. When a tooth has extensive damage, a filling may not be enough to repair it. But a dental crown can be custom-made to replicate the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. This precise restoration fits over the top of your altered tooth, and it’s secured with special dental glue. Some crowns can be made from metal, but most patients prefer the look and feel of today’s modern ceramics.
We may recommend a crown for the following reasons:
- Your tooth had root canal treatment to eliminate pain or infection.
- A large filling caused your tooth to break.
- A hairline crack is causing sharp bite pain when you chew.
- You’re unhappy with a dark tooth that can’t be whitened.
A well-designed crown adds strength and natural beauty to damaged, unattractive teeth. In some cases, multiple crowns or veneers can be used to transform a smile. As your same-day crown San Diego, CA dentist, we’re here to discuss your options and FAQ’s for CEREC Dental Crowns.
How Is CEREC Same-Day Crown Different Than a Traditional Crown?
The majority of dental offices use traditional crown techniques. This method predictably restores your tooth and has a long history in dentistry. But it requires two appointments, a messy impression of your mouth, and a temporary crown for two or three weeks.
When you discover the benefits of CEREC same-day crowns, you’ll never look back. This innovative process produces exceptional crowns that repair damaged teeth in half the time. While CAD-CAM dental technology has been around for years, today’s enhanced computing power accelerates the process and outcomes. Our sophisticated software creates 3D models that we use to design a crown that fits into your bite and smile.
Here’s precisely how it works:
- After carefully shaping your tooth, we use a wand camera to take pictures of your teeth.
- We use CAD/CAM software to create a 3D crown from the images.
- The CEREC milling machine shapes your new crown from a ceramic block in 10-15 minutes.
- We place your new crown with a strong resin glue, and you’re done!
Why Choose a Same-Day Crown Dentist?
- Results Today: CAD-CAM technology allows us to cut your treatment down to a single visit. Avoid temporary plastic crowns and extra appointments.
- Unmatched Precision: CEREC uses ceramic material that replicates nature and preserves more of your enamel. The machined material produces a perfect fit.
- Natural Beauty: CEREC same-day crowns are customized to match the color of your surrounding teeth. The thin, porcelain material looks completely natural. When you smile, nobody will know your tooth holds a crown.
Your teeth contribute to the quality of your life, the confidence you feel, and the warmth you share with others. One or more broken teeth can affect multiple aspects of your life, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Altrock Fabb Dental has helped hundreds of patients discover the benefits of same-day dental crowns in San Diego, CA. Experience natural results with convenient appointments, and get back to smiling, chewing, and living. You’re one visit away from your best oral health: Call us today!